Good Dee's Low Carb Cookie Mix
Fresh Baked Keto Cookies in Minutes!
A Changing Flavor Selection
Good Dee's Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix
Good Dee's Sugar Cookie Mix
Good Dee's Butter Pecan Cookie Mix
If I had to pick my favorite, it would have to be this
awesome Good Dee's butter pecan cookie baking mix
Of the four keto cookie mix flavors I've tried so far, the Good Dee's Butter Pecan Cookie Low Carb Baking Mix has definitely turned out to be my favorite. To me, they have an awesome flavor and a less coarse texture than the other flavors, making these extremely similar to old-fashioned butter pecan cookies made with white flour and cane sugar.
Other Good Dee's Low Carb Cookie Mix Flavors
About Good Dee's Low Carb Baking Products
Get 15% Off at Gooddees.com!
Use my Good Dee's affiliate link to go to the website
- and -
- Don't forget to enter my 15% off coupon code: GOODDEES15MRS
Tips for Baking With Good Dee's Keto Cookie Mixes
Line Your Cookie Sheets With Baking Parchment
Prepare and Measure the Wet Ingredients
Setting out and measuring all the ingredients, the mixing bowl,
and a mixing spoon keeps your work space organized
- To bring the egg to room temperature, you can either set it out on the counter or, if you want to start baking sooner, gently place the whole egg (still in its shell) into a bowl of warm (not hot) water and leave it for 5–10 minutes.
- Either butter (preferably unsalted) or coconut oil will work for any of the Good Dee's cookie mixes. I prefer the taste of unsalted butter for most keto baking. When I've been low on butter or baking dairy free cookies to accommodate another person's dietary requirements, however, I've substituted my favorite unrefined, cold-pressed, organic virgin coconut oil, which adds a very subtle hint of coconut flavor that I quite enjoy. If you prefer a more neutral flavor (or just don't like the taste of coconut), you can use refined coconut oil, but it doesn't offer the health benefits that unrefined, cold-pressed, organic virgin coconut oil does.
- I find it easiest to melt the butter or coconut oil in a Pyrex measuring cup, covered with wax paper, microwaving it in 15-20 second bursts, and stopping when most, but not all, of the fat has melted. After removing it from the microwave, I gently swirl it in the glass measuring cup, letting the hot melted fat finish melting the remaining solids. If you prefer, you can melt it over simmering water in a double boiler. Set the melted butter or coconut oil aside to cool while you preheat the oven and prepare the cookie dough.
- In any baking recipe, I always recommend using the best quality, pure vanilla you can find (and afford). Penzeys pure vanilla extract is my favorite.
Stir Dry Mix Before Adding Wet Ingredients
Getting ready to add the egg, butter, and vanilla extract
after stirring the dry cookie mix in a mixing bowl
Use a Cookie Scoop to Portion the Dough Evenly
I used a medium cookie scoop to divide the prepared
keto chocolate chip cookie mix into 12 equal portions
Dividing dough into 12 equal portions with any accuracy can be a pain. I could weigh the prepared dough in grams, divide the total weight by 12, and then weigh out each portion of the dough. But if I'm using a baking mix, I'm not interested in spending that amount of time and effort just to portion out the dough equally.
Let Baked Cookies Cool Completely Before Removing From the Baking Parchment
Consider Freezing Some (or Most)
Keto Cookies vs. Conventional Cookies
Gluten-free, sugar-free, grain-free, butter pecan,
chocolate chip, and sugar cookie keto cookies,
made with Good Dee's low carb baking mix
Unless you're just starting a keto diet, you've probably discovered that ketogenic cookies, cakes, pies, etc., have a different texture and, often, a somewhat different taste than conventional baked goods made with high carbohydrate ingredients that can spike your blood sugar levels and cause inflammation. So, it's important to have realistic expectations of any keto baking recipes or low carb baking mixes.
Why Use a Keto Baking Mix Instead of a Low Carb Recipe?
Ease of Use, Time Savings, and Convenience
Good Dee's Low Carb Keto Cookie Baking Mix Review by Margaret Schindel
Posts In This Series About My Keto Diet Journey
Reviews of the Keto Diet by Barbara C. (aka Brite-Ideas)
Read More Recipe Reviews by Our Review This Reviews Contributors
Read More Product Reviews by Our Review This Reviews Contributors
Read More Reviews About Health and Wellness by Our Review This Reviews Contributors
FOLLOW US ON: