For decades I've been putting together articles on what to write in cards - here's one listing funny suggestions to write in a goodbye card. I've even put together a collection of funny sayings you can have written on a birthday cake.
It's crazy, but I have this weird ability to create sayings, quotes, poems, and even riddles. You can find all of this quirkiness in my books available on Amazon.
I've often wondered where these sayings in my head come from? Honestly, I can sit in front of a blank computer screen, create a topic for card sayings, and pump them out quickly!
I'll do it now:
Twenty Funny Things to Write in a Birthday Card:
- Just stop getting more fantastic year after year; we're tired of your perfection. Cut us average folk some slack!
- So you think you're special? Ok, fine, you're unique, and I'm just the person constantly pointing it out. Whatever. Are you that insecure?
- Take a break; it's your big day - do something that makes you feel good about yourself. Clean my house.
- For your birthday I'm cooking you dinner, taking you shopping and giving you cash - Don't believe that, I'm losing it. You're welcome for the card.
- Aren't you tired of getting older? Or are you just constantly tired because you're old? Fair question?
- You know I love you, so get with the program and love me back. Hurry.
- Today you're allowed to do anything you want. Call me when it's over: I'll bail you out.
- Dance, sing and be merry all day long. Then stop because nobody I know can stand all that positivity.
- Be miserable on your birthday - that'll confuse everyone for sure. Actually, you'll fit right in with our crowd.
- In a world of crazies, you're the original crazy. Happy birthday you big nut.
- Observe that fire hazard on your cake. Do not go gently into that good night - look away!
- Your lit-up birthday cake would come in handy during a power outage. Just saying.
- Someone your age should never have your age in individual candles put on a cake ... unless the cake is three feet by three feet - then go ahead, melt that icing!
- I'm the reason we're celebrating your birthday today, nobody else remembered - not because they don't like you, but because they're older than you by a country mile!
- You're young and have the world by the tail! Let go for a minute so some of us regular folk can get a piece of that - oh wait, lousy wording?
- Growing up is hard to do. I suspect that's why so many people haven't done it yet. At least you're a part of the in-crowd.
- You're popular. I'm not. Happy birthday to the one everyone loves, whoopee - like you need more attention.
- Start your day with a smile - today is the day you were born - about 150 years ago, right?
- When you feel tired, you should celebrate the fact that you can still feel something!
- I cried today. It's your birthday, and you still look 20 years younger than all of us. Happy forever, young day to the one who makes everybody cry.
|What to Write in a Birthday Card - Available on Amazon|
Note: This book of sayings is for personal use only (not for commercial use).
FOLLOW US ON: