- Grab your camera and go for a walk in your neighborhood. Experience all the beauty in nature that you can observe every day.
- Share your photos with families and friends and spread the word that it is Nature Photography Day.
- Enjoy a local park or a nearby creek or river. Photograph the beauty of nature.
- Participate in efforts to preserve nature.
- Start a photo competition of nature photograph.
- While you are doing any of the above take the time to breath in all the peace and serenity that nature provides.
Favorite Flowers from my Nature Photography Files
Another good technique for photographing flowers is to find an interesting background to set off the blossom. In this photo I found some purple irises in front of a brick wall. I kept my aperture so that the background would be a bit blurry, and I zoomed in on the flower. I love the effect of the bright purple against the brick.
Another time I love to photograph flowers is right after it rains. It seems to really bring out the colors and the raindrops look refreshing. The above photo is of a fuscia plant hanging on our deck.
Combining Birds and Plants in Photos
I particularly enjoy capturing flowers and a bird in the same photograph. In this photo I saw a Cardinal sitting on our fence and the lilacs were just starting to bud out in the foreground. I focused on the Cardinal, so you will note that the lilacs are slightly out of focus.
Photographing Backyard Birds
FOLLOW US ON: