|Beds that Look Like Cabinets|
Funky, interesting home decor finds is a passion of mine. Different styles of furniture are of particular interest.
Furniture that looks like one thing but doubles as another is so much fun!
Beds that look like cabinets are a form of a Murphy Bed. As you probably know already, the standard Murphy Bed is one that folds down from the wall. These particular beds fold into a waist-high cabinet instead.
Cabinet Beds Fold Into a Wall Cabinet
Who Needs a Bed that Looks Like a Cabinet?
- Bed cabinets are ideal for one-room apartments! Fold it up into a cabinet during the day and pull it out at night. You get the benefit of both a living room and a bedroom in one tiny space. Best of all you don't have to look at a bed all day.
- Place one in a home office as an extra place for guests to sleep.
- When you don't have an extra bedroom, these lovely pieces look like living room furniture can go anywhere; living rooms, hallways, dining rooms. Not that you'd place one in a dining room, but hey, if the dining room is huge and can be closed off, why not!
- When you need a subtle extra sleeping area in a baby's room, these are ideal. They'll grow with baby, and of course, can be moved and fit nicely into any other part of the home.
- When grandma and grandpa downsize but don't have enough bedrooms for guests, this piece of furniture is the perfect extra sleeping spot!
- How about in Sheila's She-Shed or his Man-Cave? Bed cabinets are perfect! They don't take up a lot of space and serve as an extra spot to sleep especially when you've been sent to the doghouse for the night.
- Budget permitting, this a perfect wedding or shower gift. Furnishings are a very personal thing, so you'll want to be sure to choose a piece that is something the recipient would like. Since they're quite expensive, you could purchase this as a group gift.
- Put one in a child's room as an extra place for their friends on sleepovers.
FOLLOW US ON: