|Very Handy to Use with Leggings - Shirt Extenders - A Review|
Do you have a lot of leggings? I sure do.
The problem with my lacking wardrobe is that I don't have enough long tops that cover my behind when I wear leggings.
I'm 61 years old, and I'm not comfortable wearing leggings with short-waisted tops; with blue jeans, no problem, but not with leggings.
The tightness of leggings is unforgiving, and it's only my personal opinion, but I don't feel I'm dressed age-appropriate in leggings unless the top drops below my behind.
Since most of my sweaters, hoodies, and tops don't drop below my behind, and since I only have two tops that do, wearing my nice leggings has been a problem.
A shirt extender allows me to use my existing shorter tops with my leggings.
An Ad was Served Up on My Computer for Shirt-Extenders (Finally a Useful Ad!)
I thought, what in the heck is that? Hmm.
After watching it, the item reminded me of the figure skating skirts I used to wear in my youth. However, these ones are a bit longer.
They fit around your waist like a skirt and drop below your behind, to either mid or upper thigh.
There are many shapes, sizes, designs, styles, and colors.
|Here is the Shirt Extender I Recently Purchased|
I Headed Over to Amazon to Check What Was Available
Turns out there are many styles of Shirt-Extenders to choose between.
Before selecting the one I've featured in this article, I considered all the different colors and styles I wear.
I decided on a simple black extender for my first purchase. It was under twenty dollars at the time of purchase, and of course, if it didn't look right, I could easily return it.
About This Shirt Extender:
|Here I am at 61 Years Old - Wearing My First Shirt Extender|
What I Like:
- I decided to go with a laced bottom shirt extender - It looks nice
- These particular shirt extender size choices are very small, so I selected XXL
- It fit snug, so although the material isn't high quality, I was still able to stretch it out and give the bottom lace section a bit more flare
- The waist doesn't bulk you up - which I was worried about
- It solves the problem and covers my behind with leggings
- Easy to slip in and out of
- It feels cheap (but for daily use with leggings, that's ok)
- It looks more like a slip when I wear a short top, so I solve that by wearing a longer sweater with it. In the above photo, I'm wearing two tops; the short one underneath, and a hoodie on top.
- The sizes are very small - I definitely needed an XXL - I'm 5.6" tall
- Since it's black, and many of my clothes are lighter colors, I won't wear this one with many of my other tops. However, with a colorful sweatshirt that isn't too short, I'd probably give it a try.
|A Close-Up of the Shirt Extender, with a Short Black Top|
In Summary:The idea of shirt extenders, 5 stars.This particular shirt extender, 3.5 stars.
FOLLOW US ON: