Comfort food equals a yummy bowl or two or three of soup in this house! Anytime of the year I love to make soup and then freeze the leftovers in individual sized containers. This is where things become a little labor intensive and the search is on for plastic containers to freeze the soup. Containers which are sturdy, freezer friendly and with a lid. Seems like a simple search except that matching lids seems to disappear like socks in the laundry.
This is when my online search began to replenish my supply of individual sized containers for homemade soup. I found the Souper Cubes with over a cumulative 5/5 review score of over 5,000 reviews and I was not disappointed.
Souper Cubes Pros
At first glance the cost was a consideration as this was much more of an expenditure than plastic containers, but the Souper Cubes have delivered as promised. This product is a thoughtful design with the soup lover and soup freezer in mind.
- Space saver in the freezer - definitely yes!
- Stackable - can stack two trays on top of each other in the freezer which is 8 cups of soup!
- Portable - can pop a frozen soup cube in a bag or container to warm and eat away from home
- Dishwasher Safe - a must!
- BPA free
- Food and Freezer Safe - of course!
- The product literature states the product is also oven safe up to 415 degrees (excluding the lid)- I have not tried this and do not foresee trying this in the future either.
Recommendation For Souper Cubes
I would add another 5/5 stars for the Souper Cubes. One tray is perfect to freeze 4 cups of leftover soup which is perfect. The cubes are easy to pop out of the tray for individual servings. I also envision using the trays for chili, chowder and stew. For those who love to make soup and freeze the leftovers this is a great companion or replacement to individual size containers and saves so much space in the freezer.
Souper Cubes come in various sizes. I chose the two pack which is 4 one cup servings per tray. The cubes also come in 1/2 cup trays and 2 cup trays.
FOLLOW US ON: