There are a multitude of special days (those wacky, weird, humorous and fun days) throughout the year devoted to various kinds of cakes and cupcakes. The Contributors to this Review This Reviews site have also reviewed and shared a number of recipes of their favorites.
A compilation of these yummy dessert recipes and the days that are set aside to recognize them are featured in this article.
What is the Difference Between a Cake and Cupcakes?
There are only two differences ~ the type of pan you use to bake them, and the amount of time they spend in the oven.
*Some terms used for cupcakes – snack cake, mini-cake, Fairy Cake, Patty Cake.
List of National Cake Holidays:
- National Cake Month - February
- National Chocolate Cake Day - January 27
- National Carrot Cake Day - February 3
- National Poundcake Day - March 4
- National Blackforest Cake Day - March 28
- National Lemon Chiffon Cake Day - March 29
- National Coffee Cake Day - April 7
- National Hazelnut Cake Day - June 1
- National Applesauce Cake Day - June 6
- National German Chocolate Cake Day - June 12
- National Strawberry Shortcake Day - June 14
- National Spongecake Day - August 23
- National Angel Food Cake Day - October 10
- National Cake Day - November 26
- National Fruitcake Day -December 27
- National Sacher Torte Day -December 5
List of National Cupcake Holidays:
- Hostess Cupcake Day – May 10
- Chocolate Cupcake Day – October 18
- National Vanilla Cupcake Day - November 10
- National Cupcake Day – December 15
*NOTE: One of the most famous and popular cupcakes is the Hostess Cupcake. Check out this recipe for homemade Hostess Cupcakes. It is found on the blog Love, Life & Sugar by Lindsay.
Cake & Cupcake Recipes by the ReviewThisReviews Contributors
One of the RTR Contributors – the leader of the pack we all affectionately call “Mouse” - SylvesterMouse Cynthia, is our 'go-to' expert on getting fancy and having fun with cakes and cupcakes. In addition to numerous recipes Mouse has shared here on Review This Reviews, she has also featured several on her own blog sites. See a few below:
|Snake Cake by Sylvestermouse|
For an extra fun cake, see this (How to Decorate) Snake Cake by Sylvestermouse on her Cooking for the Holidays website.
|Halloween Ghost Cake by Sylvestermouse|
Plus, her Halloween Ghost Castle Cake on the Sylvestermouse Halloween Haven website.
|Photo courtesy of Fun Food|
Then there is her Spooky Spider Cupcakes
And how about making a fancy cake design using cupcakes in the Sylvestermouse review of the Cupcake Cakes Cookbook?
More Delicious Cake & Cupcake Recipes & Reviews on Review This
- Carrot Cake Cupcakes Recipe by Sylvestermouse.
- A detailed review of National Vanilla Cupcake Day by Wednesday Elf
- Best One-Bowl Chocolate Cake by Barbara Tremblay Cipak
- For those whose diet regimen won't allow them to indulge in the above 'sweet treats', Margaret Schindel saves the day with Low Carb Muffins and Cupcakes: Treats to Enjoy on a Keto Diet.
- Check out these instructions for easy stenciled cupcakes for Halloween, once again by Sylvestermouse (who loves to bake and decorate cakes and cupcakes).
So anytime you wish to indulge in a sweet treat in the cake & cupcake family, check out one of the above recipes or have a cake dessert day to celebrate one of the cake/cupcake holidays found all year long.
Happy 'Cake' Eating!
*Cakes and Cupcakes - Special Days and Reviews compiled for your eating pleasure by Wednesday Elf.
For More Holiday Reviews, see
For More Recipe Reviews, see
FOLLOW US ON: