I'm reviewing my Musicozy Wireless Sports Headwear aka headband speakers which I use when I'm sleeping.
|Photo by Lou16, image design via Canva|
Let's start with why I was looking for some headband speakers. I have been on a bit of a health journey since the beginning of 2018. This journey first focused on my nutrition (learn more here), then on the exercise component of good health as well as personal development.
I had always thought that personal development was a great idea for some people, but I didn't need it! I really believe that some of the personal development practices I used helped keep me on track with my journey while enriching my life in so many ways. If you're thinking about starting a personal development journey yourself I recommend working through The Magic by Rhonda Byrne.
As life got in the way I started spending less time on my personal development, my morning journaling, affirmations, reading dwindled from 30 mins to 20 to 10 until I stopped doing any work at all. Initially, I didn't really notice it, but gradually changes took place and I found myself in a really negative headspace.
I was talking to my daughter about things and somehow the conversation shifted to sleeping and she told me she listens to affirmations and meditations as she's going to sleep. The idea intrigued me as I thought that would be great, except I didn't think my husband would be impressed if he had to listen to them!
Not long after our conversation, my husband had to go away for work for a week so I decided to see if I could sleep listening to some of the offerings on YouTube. Now a couple had voices that really annoyed my so it may take you a while to find the perfect fit for you, but I did find a channel that I liked. I listened as I was going to sleep and after a couple of days, I was convinced that I needed to find a way to keep this practice up.
My daughter recommended I look for some headband speakers so I turned to Amazon. I searched for headband speakers and then I saw that some mentioned side sleepers so I narrowed my search to these. I ended up buying the Musicozy Wireless Sports Headwear (the official title on the box), they were actually listed on Amazon as Musicozy Sleep Headphones Headband.
Musicozy Wireless Sports Headwear - The Review
There were lots of headband speakers to choose from and I wish I could say that I did a lot of research to narrow down my choice but I basically looked for ones that said they were suitable for side sleepers, that connected to Bluetooth and weren't too expensive. The reason I didn't want to spend too much is that I really wasn't sure I'd be able to sleep with them.
I had narrowed it down to two different ones and was trying to decide if I wanted black or the grey marl when I saw that Musicozy had an animal print design - decision made!
So the company says (in italics):
- Wireless headphones with excellent sound quality - the sound quality really is good, but they do say on Amazon that they are noise-canceling which they are not. For my purposes, that's fine as I want to hear if there are any noises at night, but if you're looking at using them at the gym they may not be for you.
- Built-in microphone, hands free talking - I haven't used the microphone as I have only used them for listening while I sleep and I can't see any reviewers talking about this feature
- Effective wireless range up to 10 meters/33 feet - personally I have my phone on my bedside table so I haven't tested the range, but I have read a few reviewers who find they can walk around their house and remain connected.
- Three buttons control all music/call functions - I love that there are only three buttons (I only use the middle one) as I will often wake up in the early hours and want to take it off so I can just press the middle button, without the need of my glasses or the light, to turn it off and put it on the side before going back to sleep.
- Built-in rechargeable li-polymer battery - on Amazon it says that the charging takes 1-2 hours and it will hold the charge for 10 hours. I am sure mine holds the charge longer than 10 hours. The first time I charged it I did find it a little fiddly to do, but not sure if that was just me! It's very easy and I usually put it on charge in the morning as I'm doing things so I don't know how long it actually takes.
Note for side sleepers
Note for people sharing a bed
FOLLOW US ON: