Fresh blackberries are always an invitation to bake something delicious! When I recently purchased some blackberries at our local farmer's market, I made Blackberry Muffins as soon as I got home. Today, I am sharing my personal blackberry muffin recipe here so you, too, can enjoy this delicious treat.
My recipe makes 18 muffins which seems like a lot at first glance. However, it didn't take my family long to devour these delicious muffins.
For either of us, when we pair these muffins with coffee, we are in a
breakfast feast heaven. While I would normally say that the serving
size is one muffin, in our home, the serving size is two or more
muffins. They really are that good!
The Muffin Batter & Muffin Tins
This is a muffin recipe, not to be confused with cupcakes. The muffin batter is thicker and won't pour like a cake batter. I "spoon" my muffin batter into muffin tins. I bake them in non-stick muffin tins, therefore paper liners are not required. I do grease the non-stick tins with Crisco shortening and these muffins turn out easily.
My Blackberry Muffin Recipe
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Ready In||Yields|
|20 min.||20-25 min.||45 min.||18 servings|
- 1¼ cups of sugar (plus extra for sprinkling)
1/2 cup butter, softened (extra for brushing tops)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
2 cups fresh blackberries
- Preheat the oven to 375°
- Grease non-stick muffin tins with Crisco shortening
In a large mixing bowl, cream sugar and butter together. Beat in
one egg at a time (adding a total of 2 eggs)
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt
- Gradually mix flour mixture into butter mixture alternating with milk & beating well after each addition.
- Fold in Blackberries (do not use the mixer & beaters here)
- Spoon batter into greased muffin tins, approximately 2/3 full in each muffin cup
- Sprinkle tops with sugar
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean
- Using a small silicone pastry brush, brush muffins with melted butter as soon as they are out of the oven and put back in the oven for 2 minutes
- Let Cool for 5 minutes, remove from muffin tins & serve
Or, Try a Blackberry Fruit Cobbler!
Check Out More Recipe Reviews at
Delicious Blackberry Muffin Recipe Reviewed Written by:
© 2021 Cynthia Sylvestermouse
FOLLOW US ON: