The month of July is a chocolate lovers paradise. There are two official chocolate-related days to celebrate.
July 7th is the official Chocolate Day. No one knows the origin of this day, but we wouldn't be surprised if it was created by chocolate confectioners!
It's a day to enjoy your favorite chocolate all day long.
- Breakfast could be chocolate cereal or chocolate cream-filled donuts washed down with a little hot chocolate. If you would rather be a bit healthier, but still have your chocolate, check out Buckhawk's Chocolate Smoothies!
- Enjoy a mid-morning snack of a chocolate candy bar.
- How about a glass of chocolate milk with your lunch.
- Then you could eat healthy (?) and have chocolate covered raisins for your afternoon snack. This contains both vegetable and fruit. Chocolate is a vegetable. It comes from the Cacao tree found in tropical rain forests. True fact!
|Chocolate Covered Fruit (Source: Pixabay)|
For more fruit and chocolate recipes, check out these delicious looking chocolate covered treats by Sylvestermouse, found on her Cooking for the Holidays Site:
- Chocolate Covered Pineapples
- Chocolate Covered Cherries
- Chocolate Covered Oranges
- Chocolate Dipped Pears
- Dinner would be delicious with chocolate flavored coffee. Dessert could be your choice of chocolate cake or pie, or chocolate ice cream if you prefer.
More Chocolate Days
If you missed Chocolate Day on July 7th, never fear. Another chocolate holiday happens on July 28 - National Milk Chocolate Day. This is not an official holiday, but it is a favorite chocolate of millions of people and is enjoyed in candies and in baking.
Many more chocolate holidays occur throughout the year, including the whole month of February, which is known as National Chocolate Lovers Month. For a list of more chocolatey holidays, check out the chocolate section on the blog article by Wednesday Elf about National Candy Month.
Chocolate Recipes Cookbook
|Chocolate Dessert Recipes|
If the recipes and suggestions here still leave you with a chocolate craving, this cookbook gives you 200 more reasons (and recipes) to enjoy chocolate in your favorite way!
Happy Chocolate Days!
FOLLOW US ON: