How Did Ladybugs Get Their Name?
Fun Facts about Ladybugs
- In North America, they are called ladybugs
- In Britain they are called ladybirds
- Entomologists prefer the names ladybird beetles or lady beetles as these insects are not classified as true bugs.
- The Ladybird /Ladybug is the state insect of Delaware, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, Ohio and Tennessee.
- Many cultures consider ladybugs 'lucky'.
- The color of the ladybug is most commonly seen as red, but they also come in both orange and yellow and, to a lesser degree, in black, gray, pink and blue.
A pair of Ladybug design refrigerator magnets handmade with care using plastic canvas and acrylic yarn. There is a magnet glued on the back of each Ladybug magnet. These ladybug magnets each measure 2" x 2-1/2".
Ladybug coasters are handmade using plastic canvas and acrylic yarn. Each coaster in this set of 4 measures approximately 4 x 4 inches. The coasters were stitched with red and black acrylic yarn.
|Mini Ladybug Plushie by TreeWolfArt on Etsy|
Handmade Ladybug Card Pouch
|Handmade by Wishcrafts94 on Etsy|
Holiday Review written by (c) Wednesday Elf (6/6/2020)
FOLLOW US ON: