|Photo: Via Pixabay|
Happy Mother's Day from the Writers of ReviewThis
To all the moms of the world, thank you.
Whether you're a dad occupying a dual role, a fur baby mom, a step-mom, a guardian, two dads, two moms, or a family member who has had to step in and be that soft place to land for others, a working mom or a stay-at-home mom, know that your contributions and sacrifices are never forgotten.
We've noticed it all:
- When you handed us the full plate of food, and kept the smaller portion for yourself
- That time you reached in your pocket to hand us your last few dollars, and said, 'oh that's ok', I don't need it
- Your picking us up late at night when you were exhausted
- The trips back and forth as you taxi us to our events for years
- Planning our birthdays on a shoestring and making it memorable
- We heard you cry from time to time and watched you pick yourself up every time
- You laughed at our jokes that weren't funny just so we could smile a little more
- You held your pain inside so as not to worry our young minds
- You let us have our childhood and didn't demand we grow up too soon
- You held us when we were sad or upset, and it always worked
- We hurt your feelings sometimes, we know we did, and you held yourself with grace, just for us. When we look back, especially as parents, we see where we erred, and how it hurt you.
- You made us face our weaknesses and when we had to grow a pair, you showed us how
- You put our needs ahead of your own more often than we can possibly count
- When we accomplish something we are aiming for, you are proud of us
- We watch you continue to worry about us as grown-ups, and in that we learn from you how to balance that never ending scale of worry-don't worry
- Remember when you held our child for the first time, and that tear rolled down your cheek, we felt that too
- That soft shoulder you have .... we're still trying to figure out how a rock can be so soft
This Song is for You: "I Am Your Child, by Barry Manilow"
FOLLOW US ON: