One of my Favorite times of year is Christmas, but once it's over you can feel let down. So let's Review Ways to keep that after Christmas Depression at bay!
- visit the downtown area and look over the lights and Christmas Displays
- Go sledding or skating, if your body allows that kind of seasonal fun.
- Make Snow Angels (with the above caveat)
- Go to a park with a handful of bird seed, for those birds who don't have a feeder close by
- Pick up some small gift cards for a coffee shop and give them to "Street People" to enjoy
- Visit a local church and see their Nativity Displays
- take lots of pictures while out and about
- when you come home, make some Hot Chocolate and watch a favorite movie
- Be Thankful for the Blessing of Family and Friends.
If you don't have a gratitude journal, a blank book works well too. Sometimes though in our busy lives, we need a hint of encouragement and for that a true gratitude journal is a bonus. Each page will give you a little inspiration to get you started with the right attitude. If you are not a particularly spiritual person, there are journals that remind you of gratitude without scriptural readings. Whichever one is to your liking, will be a good choice and they are inexpensive. Maybe Santa brought you one, but if not that's okay too. You can always get your own when you feel the need for it. It will be an investment in yourself, for your mental and physical and spiritual well being.
May I take this opportunity to wish you and all your family a most Beautiful, Blessed and Wonderful New Year!
FOLLOW US ON: