|Long Distance Friendship Lamps - Review for a Great Gift Idea|
I've been reading about these lamps for over a year now but haven't jumped in yet to get one. However, this one is on my list of original gift ideas.
Unique Gift Idea for Separated Loved Ones During Quarantine, or Any Reason
I've been thinking about getting this gift for both a friend of mine and my mother.
When I first read about this lamp, I was confused about how it worked. I won't pretend I've seen it in action, but I had to share this funky lamp with you all today.
What Are Friendship Lamps?
When you buy the lamps in pairs, you give one lamp to a friend, grandparent, parent, or anyone for that matter, and you keep the other lamp at your place.
Each of you set-up your lamp via WiFi. Yes, you both need WiFi.
When you touch your lamp, it lights up at the other end to let the other person know you're thinking of them.
Apparently, it cycles through colors when you touch it.
Plus, you can assign different people different colors. For example, each grandkid could have their own color that lights up when they touch the lamp to let grandma or grandpa know they're thinking of them. Popular grandparents could have these things going on and off all day!
Here's a Brief Video on How to Set The Lamps Up
Why A Friendship Lamp Would Be Nice to Share Between Long-Distance Loved Ones
Here are a few things that come to mind:
- Grandparents may not have cell phones, and for that reason, they don't get the frequent communication that texting provides to most of us. My mom doesn't have a cell phone, so this lamp would be a nice way to say hello throughout the day. I do call her every night, but we could all be lighting up her life during the day.
- For those who have trouble hearing, this is a quick way to send frequent loving light messages.
- It's a lovely way to say goodnight when talking isn't possible.
- Since it's as simple as a touch, loving light messages can be sent throughout the day.
- Those who work many hours could bring one to the office and have the other at home for their spouse.
- This is an ideal gift for besties. Best friends could share light messages whenever a little support or love is needed.
Featured - Friendship Lamps Below
FOLLOW US ON: