|Body Back Buddy on Amazon|
Migraines and the Search for Pain Relief
My co-worker and I suffer from chronic migraines. She and I are constantly discussing ways we find relief and things that are not as helpful. When she brought this massage tool to work my initial thought was that it was a gimmick. But I gave it a try anyway. With chronic migraines, you become willing to give most anything a try.
As soon as I picked up this plastic hook with knobs, I found relief. It was intuitive to use. I just hooked it up over my shoulder and started "rubbing" the knots near my shoulder blades and spine.
I had thought the hard plastic knobs would be uncomfortable. But the hardness of the knobs was, in part, what makes it so effective. And the curve of the item helped me to apply hard pressure to my tender spots. I was able to both press against and rub the stubborn knots as well as run the plastic knobs up and down my spine.
Tender Points or Muscle Knots?
My sibling is officially diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and talks about her tender points and pain. We compare notes. I have similar painful points that I call my "traveling bumps". There never seems to be an explanation for the location of these tender areas. I have not been officially diagnosed with Fibro and while my pains may be caused by whatever causes my migraines, the pain is similar to my sibling's Fibro. I am planning on suggesting that my sister give the Body Back Buddy a try.
This massage tool has been wonderful at reaching and releasing my painful "traveling bumps" no matter their origin.
|Three of my four favorite moves with the Body Back Buddy (photos courtesy of Amazon)|
The Pros and Cons of the Body Back Massage Tool
There are many pros and only a couple of cons that I have found with this wonderful pain relief tool. I am sure that you'll have your own opinion of the Body Back Buddy massage tool, but this is my list:
Body Back Buddy Pros:
- immediate relief where you are - without the time commitment and expense of massage appointments
- heavy duty and sturdy plastic - it does not feel as though it will break while in use
- the curve and placement of the knobs are intuitive - I picked it up and used it effectively without looking at any instructions
- compared to other pain relief tools and mechanical massagers - it is very affordable
- I can easily massage my neck, spine, shoulders, and back with this tool (it also massages your feet, but I have kept my feet off of it, since it is borrowed)
- the Body Back Company has made this, in the US, since 1995 and has a good track record and good reviews
Body Back Buddy Cons:
- beware of copies and knock-offs that seem to be more cheaply made and less sturdy
- it is large and can't be hidden in a small bag or purse for transport
- I am overweight and cannot do the technique that involves placing the Back Buddy around my middle (seen below)
|the only technique I cannot do (photo courtesy of Amazon)|
Related Pain Relief Articles:
FOLLOW US ON: