|Butterfly Candle Warmer|
Candles versus Candle Warmers
I like candles. I really, really like candles. I was almost obsessive about my love of candles. I especially love Yankee Candle and WoodWick brands. I like their quality, scents, and length of burn. I always have candles stockpiled for both enjoyment and for more practical occasions such as power outages.
However, with open flame candles, I have always been worried about fire (a rational fear since many house fires are started by candles). I also would become annoyed about the soot. Sometimes I got careless with trimming the wicks. When the wicks burn too high, soot dirties everything in the home; including the HVAC system. And some candle brands seem to create more soot even when I trim the wick. An astute person servicing your HVAC system will know if you burn candles regularly by the greasy, soot stain on your filter. Even so, I have always loved wicked candles and always will always have some stockpiled. But I have come to use my wickless candles on a daily basis.
The solution to the problems of fire risk and dirty soot is a wickless (or flameless) candle. Candle warmers are cleaner, safer and smell just as wonderful as the wicked candles. This is my list of reasons I prefer my candle warmers:
- Cleaner - no flame means no soot. No soot lining the inside of the jar. No soot in my house. No soot in the HVAC system.
- Safer - no open flame to catch fire. Also, no flickering flame that attracts my naughty cat.
- Attractive - shapes, sizes, and colors to match any room. No unattractive labels.
- Versatility - the candle warmers with a low, flat base are suitable for placing a candle jar on - in addition to being able to use the included dish for wax tarts.
- Personal gift - you can choose a design that is meaningful to your mom (Kokopelli brings back wonderful memories of a summer vacation with my children)
|Owl Candle Warmer|
There are two distinct advantages to using wicked candles. Flickering flames provides a certain ambiance. Romantic evenings are definitely better by flickering candle light. Candles provide nice lighting for meditation. Dancing shadows in a semi-lit room is relaxing to some. Also, traditional candles do not require batteries or electricity. If the power is out, my candle warmer will not operate. And candle warmers need to be located at or near outlets. For these two reasons, I continue to have plenty of candles on hand.
While I still use and love wicked candles, I am using my candle warmers more regularly. I am very happy with the variety of wax brands and scents to choose from. I feel safer that my cat isn't trying to chase the dancing flame of a candle. Candle warmers make great gifts for both mom and many others on your gift list.
|My Kokopelli warmer - showing cooled wax in the dish|
FOLLOW US ON: