Everyone I know has had enough of 2020, so even though Christmas is still a day or two away, it's time to look forward!
- They are easy to grow from seeds.
- They will grow without any help from you. No fertilizers, no need to baby them!
- By summertime, you will have a beautiful stalk of bright yellow flowers (or some other cultivar).
- They are beautiful cut flowers that last a long time.
- The bees will love you! as well as butterflies, ladybugs, dragonflies, and other insects that all feed on the nectars they produce.
- The flowers are interesting not only for their colors (and there are many) but also for the seeds they are producing.
- If you are into "mathematics", they love working the Fibonacci Sequencing with the seed heads as they are revealed in growth patterns in nature.
- The seed heads are food for birds, squirrels, chipmunks, field mice and more.
- You can bake the seeds for human consumption too! But you can also eat them raw.
- You can have a variety of sunflowers growing together. They will delight you in so many ways.
This bird can hardly wait for the seeds to ripen on this seed head and he's helping himself to a delicious snack!
FOLLOW US ON: