The Three Women
- Danni- Danni is a seasoned photographer, who has photographed the war on several different fronts. As the days close in on the Normandy invasion she finds herself in London. Only the men are allowed to get passes to cover the war during the invasion, but Danni is determined to find a way to get to the action. She has teamed up with a correspondent, Andy, who has been with her during her last several assignments. They have become good friends and cover each others backs. Danni enlists Andy to help her sneak aboard a medical ship that is sailing toward Normandy.
- Ella- Ella is a reporter who has written stories under a man's pen name in order to get her works published. When she is found out, her publisher fires her. She finds a job with a magazine reporting on the war from a women's point of view. She interviews women working on the war effort and the magazine is so pleased with her work that they send her to London to report on the war. Like Danni, Ella also finds she is limited in her access because she is a woman. Ella goes by herself to try to find a way to the action and find herself on the same medical ship as Dani and Andy. After a rough night hiding on board they decide to team up as they make their way to shore.
- Chloe- Chloe is Andy's sister who was a Vogue model prior to the war. When she was in Paris on a modeling job she met Gabriel, an editor, whom she fell in love. At the beginning of the story Chloe is at her home in England, longing to find a way to be with Gabriel in Paris. She says she is a showgirl in order to make her way into Nazi occupied Paris.
The Men in Their Lives
- Cameron- Cameron is a Lieutenant that Danni first meets and has a conflict with when she is covering the war in Sicily. She meets up with him again in a bar in London and then in Normandy. They have a real love/hate relationship.
- Andy- Andy is a war correspondent and best friend to Danni. They have been together on several war zones and he always has her back when she is pushing the envelope.
- Gabriel- Gabriel is Chloe's lover and she sneaks in to Paris to be with him, only to find out the it is very pre-occupied working for the resistance.
- Michael - Michael is also a war correspondent and Ella first meets him at the bar at the Savoy in London. This is a meeting place for many of the correspondents and photographers. She next meets up with him in Normandy.
FOLLOW US ON: