My Covergirl +Olay Tone Rehab 2 in 1 Experience
If they were told I was writing a make-up review, folks who know me on a daily, face to face basis, would respond with a puzzled look and a "what?" But after reading to the end, it would make perfect sense. You see, I am not a girly-girl. My extent of putting on make up consists of washing my face, sometimes applying moisturizer, and applying mascara. I have ever so rarely used foundation or eye shadow. And only slightly more often have worn blush. Make-up to me is bothersome. It feels funny on my skin and I don't want to pay good money to feel funny.
But at age 50-something, and during certain recent events, I decided I needed a bit of make-up. I was tired. My skin was splotchy and there were sleep-deprivation bags under my eyes. I wanted to appear fresher than I was feeling.
I wandered the make-up aisle for literally an hour. Choosing, then changing my mind, and changing my mind back again. I have never really worn foundation because it feels thick on my face, it often feels greasy, and as I've gotten older I began to notice that it seems to enhance the lines in my face. I have never been able to choose colors that seem to match. I really like the natural look and feel. And on the rare occasions I tried make-up, I did not end up with that natural look. And I certainly did not want to be one of those women with the distinct line of make up on their jaw or the big smudge of foundation on their sweater.
I was very lucky to by chance notice the Covergirl +Olay foundation. I ultimately chose it because I know that I like Olay products. Olay is a moisturizer that I've used frequently over the years. It tends to feel the least greasy and it has never caused me to break out. And frankly, the swirls of foundation and moisturizer that were visible through the bottle were visually appealing to me.
Online, I just now realized that Covergirl advertises the +Olay Tone Rehab 2 in 1 as being able to -
- Instantly covers discolorations, fine lines and wrinkles, while helping to improve skin tone over time
- A foundation focused solely on tone discoloration and age spots
- Provides beautiful even coverage
- Evens my skin tone
- I appeared "fresher" - even when sleep deprived
- Moisturizes - smoothing the dry spots
- While I can feel that it is on my face, it does not feel "caked" on, heavy, or more greasy than the moisturizer I often use
- I adjust how much I use - using just two small "drops" for my entire face.
- It is a more sheer color; no annoying make-up line along my jawline
FOLLOW US ON: