While this definition of Unique does not totally agree with the following, I thought it would be fun to celebrate the 'individual', if not totally unique, talents of my fellow Contributors here on Review This Reviews. And while some of us have similar talents, our special styles make us each 'unique' in our field.
November 24th is known as “Celebrate Your Unique Talent Day”. Therefore, we are going to point out some of the 'unique' and special talents of the RTR Contributors to show what they are best at. Some of the fine writers here have more than one special talent, as you shall see.
Several of those in our group are good at yarn crafts.
- Dawn Rae's specialty is crochet. She features handmade hats and neck warmers and warm slippers in her Etsy Shop DawnRaeCrochet.
Her shop also carries a line of what she calls “Jenny Hats” which came to be after making a custom hat for a friend (Jenny). These soft, slightly slouchy, chemo hats are made from a cotton blend yarn.
- Wednesday Elf also crochets. Her Etsy shop – Coastal Crochet Crafts – specializes in plush animals for children, plus a few assorted other items.
- For very unique cakes and cupcakes in particular, you will find some fascinating recipes and how-to instructions from Sylvestermouse on Cooking for the Holidays. She also includes other recipes from appetizers to main dishes to desserts, but I LOVE her special cupcakes and cake creations.
Other RTR writers also have culinary creations to share. In particular, we have Sam Monaco who shares many favorite family recipes on his blog Sam's Place.
Check out ReviewThisReview:Recipes for everything from the proverbial soup.... to nuts, for your cooking enjoyment.
We have several gardeners in our group, our most prolific being Olivia Morris and Raintree Annie.
Come see the many helpful gardening tips offered on Review this Reviews:Gardening
- In addition to writing for Review This Reviews, Beverly Owens is establishing herself as a writer of Cozy Mysteries. She currently has 7 published books in 2 series (4 in the Roni Ranier series and 3 in the Cabin 9 series, with more to come. Read about how she began as a published author and her upcoming literary achievements at Beverly Owens, Author.
Find her current books on Amazon, both on Kindle and in paperback.
- One of our favorite photography experts here, Mary Beth Granger (MbgPhoto), has studied photography for years and often shares expert advice on cameras and photo angles to help us all get the best photographs we can. Mary Beth's favorite thing to photograph is lighthouses and she is constantly searching out new ones to feature.
Check out her Lighthouse Enthusiast Zazzle Shop to see some of her beautiful images.
For lovely photos on her love of photography, traveling, and nature , see Mary Beth's Beauty in Nature Zazzle Shop.
Sylvestermouse Cynthia is also a fine photographer who loves to photograph zoo animals in particular and many other fun activities. You can see her lovely images at Photography by Sylvestermouse.
Diana Wenzel is also a wonderful photographer on our staff, as is BarbRad.
- Diana Wenzel (Renaissance Woman here on Review This Reviews) is our 'Go-To' expert on do-it-yourself projects.
Check out her many DIY articles here on everything from turning a simple rural mailbox into a bird house (Mailboxology) to creating a beautiful Fall Pumpkin Succulent Centerpiece.
Diana also has become an expert on rescue animals, most particularly one darling disabled dog who has won her heart. She chronicles his life & times in Mr. Muffins Journey, and relates his adventures and accomplishments in many articles on Review This Reviews (including becoming a therapy dog).
- Tracey A. Breen (The Savvy Age) is very creative in coming up with inexpensive projects using supplies from dollar stores. These holiday-related and home décor and just-for-fun projects are perfect for parents, teachers and scout leaders.
Tracey is also very 'savvy' about recipes, holiday ideas and Lifestyle tips & hacks to manage an active home and life at all ages. Read all about it on her website The Savvy Age.
More Unique Talents
Barbara Tremblay Cipak (Brite Ideas here) is our country music expert. She explains the meanings and stories behind many well known country songs and singers on her website (Drageda) The Heart of Country Music.
Barbara is also a professional in the field of home décor and has many unique and unusual Decor ideas to offer both here on Review This Reviews and on her own website Funky Home Decor.
- Another Barbara (Barbara Radisavljevic known to us as BarbRad) has many talents. She is a writer, a photographer specializing in her native California landscape, and our book expert.
Check out her uniqueness below at:
- Brenda Little (Treasures By Brenda) is a collector, particularly of coffee cups/mugs and movie merchandise, especially vintage pieces.
Brenda frequently shares her collections through her eBay store Treasures by Brenda for fellow collectors.
In addition, Brenda gives us fascinating facts behind her collections in her two websites:
- Heather Burns is an artist and colorist. She creates fantastic coloring pages and illustrations for you to color.
Check out her Etsy Store at HeatherBurnsArt
Heather is also a talented graphic designer and features her designs on many products in her Etsy Store HBStudioDesigns.
- Louanne Cox (Lou16) has a wide variety of interests and talents. My favorites are her artistic designs she features on a wide variety of items in her Zazzle stores.
I also enjoy the stories behind her designs found on her website Lou's Designs.
- Margaret Schindel is another multi-talented lady. When not writing professionally, she is a jewelry designer.
As you can see, many of the multiple talents of the Contributors to ReviewThisReviews overlap. Many of us are into some form of arts & crafts, there are several wonderful photographers and quite a few good cooks. And I would say that all of us love to read and enjoy movies and music.
We are a varied bunch. While perhaps not individually unique, we all have our special talents.
So…. Find your unique talent, and share it with the world on Celebrate Your Unique Talent Day November 24.
(c) Wednesday Elf (11/23/2019)
*All images compliments of Pixabay and collages made with Canva.
FOLLOW US ON: