|Funk by Color|
Pantone not only designates a color choice for the year, it also establishes color groupings for the seasons during that year.
For 2019, Pantone has created suggested palettes that reflect uplifting energy:
1. Embracing Nature - Freshness with Blues, Greens and Zesty Limes
2. Joyful - Radiant with Pink, Purple, Blueberry and White
3. Color Play - Fruity and Bright Mango, Mystical Violet and Watery Pastels
4. Innocence - Light, Life and Hopefulness with Soft Pink, Blueberry and Soft Blues
You can take a peek at Pantone's color schemes for each of the above four moods here.
Innocence by Pantone
Here's a simple example of how to incorporate the colors of 'Innocence' into a decorating theme. You can feature any of the colors in pieces you find yourself drawn to. If a blueberry couch isn't your thing, then choose a soft pale blue or blush pink sofa then introduce blueberry via the rugs, drapes or accessories.
Embracing Nature by Pantone
Below are pieces you can include into a decor theme that focus on the freshness of nature. The color scheme outlined for this theme focuses on blues, greens and limes. Of course you don't have to stop there. Pops of wheat and soft ice can be used to further lighten the overall look.
Color Reflects You
Most of us tend toward neutral décor. More often we choose neutral because we're unsure how to mix and match colors. It takes a little extra knowledge to learn about color and how to mix them together. Below is a brief explanation of the color wheel to help you with your next decorating project.
Understanding the Basics of the Color Wheel
- Complementary Colors: Two colors opposite each other on the wheel
- Split Complementary Colors: Uses three colors. One color matched to two colors adjacent to it's complementary color (example, blue with yellow-orange and red-orange)
- Analogous Colors: Three colors next to each other on the wheel
- Triadic Colors: Three colors equally apart on the wheel
- Tetradic Colors: Four colors in two sets of complementary colors (pink, green & blue, yellow)
FOLLOW US ON: