Tips for Photography in the Rain
- Carry a raincoat for your camera ( you can purchase a rain covering for your camera at a camera shop or online)
- A gallon sized plastic bag...this can work in a pinch, just cut a hole for the lens and put your hand in the back and your camera is safe and dry.
- Look for porches or awning to stand under and shoot.
- Shoot from inside your car. This is a great way to capture scenes when you travel in the rain.
- Try to get the light behind the raindrops to bring them out.
Objects to Look for on a Rainy Day
- Food at an outdoor market covered with raindrops
- Umbrella's as a backdrop
- Flowers and leaves with raindrops
- Reflections in puddles
- Emotions on people...joy on children playing in rain...frustration of commuters hurrying about in the weather
- Raindrops on interesting objects or parts of objects.
FOLLOW US ON: