|Review of an Integrated LED Outdoor Wall Light|
We needed a new outdoor wall light for our backyard.
Like most people, I did my research.
I researched standard outdoor wall lights that use lightbulbs and tripped on integrated LED wall lights.
What is an LED Integrated Wall Light? A Point Form Summary
- It doesn't use light bulbs.
- The wall light has built-in LEDs.
- The one we purchased says the LEDs will last 15,000 hours, or generally 7 years, based upon having the light on about 3 hours a day.
- After 7 years is up, I'm honestly not sure what has to be done to replace the LEDs, but we rarely have the light on, so I'm sure it will last much longer.
- It costs next to nothing in terms of electricity usage.
- There are many designs to choose from.
- You can get LED outdoor wall lights from multiple stores, including Amazon.
- We purchased ours from Home Depot - I wanted to see it in person before purchasing.
- And yes, it's bright!
|Integrated LED Flush Mount Wall Light|
- Check the size of the opening of your existing outdoor wall light. I purchased one from Amazon but had to return it because the base that mounts to the house didn't entirely cover the current opening.
- Our base needed a minimum of 5 inches wide.
- Do you want one that comes out further, or do you need one that's relatively flush to the wall?
- Ours needed to be fairly flush because it was beside a patio door, and we didn't want the taller people in our family worried about banging into it when turning right outside the patio door.
- Check the distance out from the wall base to the light to ensure it meets your requirements.
- Do you want the light to point upwards or downwards?
- Where does the light shine from? The top? The bottom? The front? Or all of these locations. The one we selected radiates light in all these directions.
- Most LED lights indicate the type of light it emits, from "warm tones" to "cool tones." We selected one that was more on the warm side of brightness.
|The Integrated LED Flush Mount Wall Light Lightens the Entire Patio!|
|Here's a closer look at the one we selected - We love it; it's bright|
The light shines out of the bottom, the top, and the entire front face
FOLLOW US ON: