Bring out your own Advent Calendar each year and make it standard part of family traditions.
Our Family Advent Calendar
- Use 24 kiddie Christmas socks. Glue each sock to a painted cardboard or wooden backboard. Put treats in each sock for each day.
- Use 24 small boxes (ring size) glued to cardboard or backboard. Keep the lids on the boxes, and inside each box put treats. Decorate the boxes individually.
- Attach 24 small gift bags to a backboard or cardboard. Put treats in the gift bags.
- Use mini tree stockings. Put them all together on a piece of string with numbers on the front for each day. Put treats in each one.
- Use 24 empty toilet paper rolls. I know, that's weird right, but it works. Glue the rolls together in the shape of a Christmas Tree - 1 on the top for the star then, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, then 2 and 2 for the base of the tree. Glue them together then decorate each one. Place goodies inside each roll.
When the time is right, take all the decorations your kids have made, wrap them up and pass them on. They can include them into their Christmas traditions along with your family stories.
FOLLOW US ON: