My kids have always told me that I have lost my mind and there are days when I have to agree with them. It seems that children are the first things that impair your mind's ability to function at it's best. Ask any parent and they will most certainly agree. Before children, they could remember all manner of facts, without needing any help. After kids, they are lucky if they remember which order those kids come in. They call for one but have to run through the list of children's' names before coming to the right one. It happens to all parents at some time or another.
What can we do to keep our Brains Healthy and Working Well?
Retirement and Brain Activity
If you need some alone time, grab a newspaper, scan the headlines, read what interests you and then do the crossword or Sudoku, for the day. Even these little diversions will work to keep your mind active and searching out new words or numbers.
Our Amazing List of 5 Entertaining Ways to Keep Your Brain Healthy!
- Play a sport, golf, curling, dancing, yoga or hula hooping (your choice)
- Volunteer your time to teach others to work a computer, read with children, help with senior seniors etc. again there are hundreds of ways to help others pick one that makes sense to you.
- Help a neighbor who is in need, or meet up with friends on a regular basis at a local coffee shop.
- Read that book that has been sitting on your shelf, waiting for when you had the time to read.
- Grab the newspaper and scan the news (read what interests you) do the crossword or Sudoku and then later go out for a walk.
Share this list with friends and I'm sure that they would be able to add at least another hundred ways in which to keep your mind and body healthy for the home stretch. Cheers, for now, my drama class is starting in a half hour...... I've Got to Go!
All pictures used in this blog were from Pixabay.com with no attribution required.
FOLLOW US ON: