On the day of the class it was a frigid 8 degrees outside. The scene above is the frozen lake at the entrance to The Butterfly House. I was looking forward to getting inside to the warm butterfly conservatory where the temperatures are kept in the 80's for the tropical butterflies.
- Use a tripod
- Use a remote shutter release
- Set you white balance at cloudy
- Set your ISO at 400
- Use Aperture priority and start with a 5.6 aperture
Photographing Blue Morpho Butterflies
More Tips from our Instructor
- Take your time finding the right shot
- Take notice of the background....look past your subject to see what else will be in your photo
- Shoot away from the light
- Use reflectors to bring light in to dark areas
- Don't expect every shot to be great...if you come away with just a couple good photos it will be a successful shoot.
Zazzle Products from my Photos
FOLLOW US ON: