|My Best Days, Album|
Well, take 2 teaspoons of My Best Days are Ahead of Me by Danny Gokey every four hours as needed! The lyrics remind us that 'age ain't nothing but a number'...'I can be whatever I wanna be'. So you think that's cliche do ya!...well you'll enjoy this list of people who didn't 'make it' in life until after 50!
- Ray Kroc founded the McDonald's Corporation when he was 52
- Laura Ingalls Wilder published her Little House on the Prairie Books in her 60s
- Raymond Chandler didn't publish his first novel 'The Big Sleep' until he was 51 years old
- Charles Darwin published his Theory of Evolution at 50
- The Inventor of the Thesaurus, Peter Roget, was 73!
- KFC's Secret Recipe didn't happen until Colonel Sanders was 50
- Grandma Moses (Anna Mary Robinson born in 1860), gave up embroidery at 76 years old because of painful arthritis and thus began her painting career - She lived and painted for 25 years (you do the math) and in 2006 her 1943 painting called 'Sugaring Off' sold for a record $1.2 Million.
So if you're thinking, you're on your way out in terms of dreams, think again! These seven examples clearly
|Sugaring Off by Grandma Moses|
When we're tempted to close the door and call it quits, we should put away those debbie-downer thoughts, and open a window instead. Or we could just listen to what Morgan Freeman said in the movie Shawshank Redemption, 'Get busy living or get busy dying'. Grandma Moses sure the heck decided to get busy living...at 76! 'You went girl!'.
The Lyrics say it well:
"Age ain't nothing but a number
Sometimes I have to wonder what does it really mean
Hey, I'm still putting it together
I keep getting better, if I keep getting better
I can be whatever I wanna be
My best days are ahead of me"
Here's Danny Gokey's song, enjoy!
By Barbara Tremblay Cipak, Country Music Reviewer
Drageda.com - The Heart of Country