|IKEA Poang Chair (photo: Amazon)|
IKEA Poang Armchair: Comfort and Style
My Poang is approaching 10 years of age. I purchased it when I relocated to the east coast and had an entire apartment to furnish. I had never heard of an IKEA store. But during my first visit to the store, and my first sit in the chair, I purchased a Poang without a second thought. My plan was to use this lightweight chair until I settled in and bought a substantial (and expensive) chair - such as an upholstered recliner.
I love my Poang so much that I haven't given a recliner a second thought. I have changed the cushions on my chair once. I replaced the white cotton canvas (what was I thinking? I had a dog!) cushion with a red leather cushion. I must say that the white canvas did last longer than they should have - and were machine washable. But after time, I thought the leather would be easier.
My chair is perfect for watching television, reading, and blogging from my laptop. In fact, I'm writing this now from the comfort of my chair. The bentwood frame allows some rocking motion - which I love. The curve of the chair back and the head cushion support my back, neck, and head in a way that is so comfortable that I can easily doze off in this chair.
|Poang support and cushion (photo: Amazon)|
Why Choose a Poang Series Chair?
- stylish - comes in a variety of colors
- comfortable - curved back and cushioned head rest perfect for relaxing
- sturdy - despite it's light weight, it is very strong and sturdy - listed as being able to hold up to 375 lbs.
- the cotton canvas cushions are washable and the leather cushions wipe clean
- placed in a grouping, multiple chairs would be a perfect conversation area
- small enough to place in a reading nook, bedroom area, or other small area
- lightweight - extremely easy to move to other areas of the home or to a new home
- not quite a rocking chair, but perfect for rocking a baby, or yourself, to sleep
- whether you live in a large or small square footage home a Poang would fit nicely
|Mittens thinks this is her chair|
Note: The author may receive a commission from purchases made using links found in this article.