Come celebrate with me!
- 6 oz dark chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- optional ingredients can include chopped walnuts, chopped hazelnuts, broken pieces of candy canes, mini marshmallows (either the plain or fruit flavoured)
- Oven rack should be in the middle part of the oven pre-heated to 350 F.
- Butter or spray with non-stick spray the bottom of an 8 inch square baking dish. Use parchment paper and let the excess hang over the sides of your baking dish.
- Using a bowl, over a pan of boiling water, or alternately in the microwave oven, melt chocolate and butter. Let cool.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, brown sugar and salt with a whisk until the mixture is smooth. Add chocolate/butter mixture and flour and stir until smooth. Pour this all into the prepared pan.
- Baking time about 23 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out just a little bit moist (If it is dry you will have very dry brownies and should use icing to get some moisture back into the mix)
- Let cool in the pan and place the pan on a rack. It will take about 1.5 hours. Remove from pan and cut into squares. Or if you want to get really artistic, you can cut them into any desired shape and eat the extra pieces from between! Serve warm or cold.
FOLLOW US ON: