All time favorite side dish for Thanksgiving is my families' Sweet Potato Souffle. Light, fluffy and just darn yummy! Serve it as a side dish or serve it for dessert - this recipe is just that flexible.
A very easy recipe and no worries about the "Souffle" in the title as this is a quasi souffle and is a no fail recipe. As older family recipes tend to roll, real butter and whole milk is used.
How To Make Sweet Potato Souffle
3 sweet potatoes
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup milk
1 beaten egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup melted butter
a dash of salt
350 degrees, serves 6-8
- Grease a two quart glass baking dish.
- Boil sweet potatoes until fork tender. Cool.
- Peel the sweet potatoes.
- Mash the sweet potatoes to a smooth consistency. I use a ricer to ensure the potatoes are very smooth in consistency.
- Add the sugar, milk, butter, egg, vanilla and salt.
- Mix well.
- Pour sweet potato mixture into the baking dish.
- Bake for 40 minutes, 350 degrees.
FOLLOW US ON: