Growing Up Along Route 66 in 1950's MissouriThis is a delightful book filled with anecdotes about life in a small town in the 1950's. Remember when:
- Kids rode their bikes all over town
- Members of the opposite sex had "Cooties"
- Students got their vaccinations at school
- To research a subject you used the Encyclopedia
- Some teachers resorted to paddling to keep kids in line
- Gas for your vehicle was filled by the attendant who also would sell you needed repairs for the car
Lessons for Life
DeWayne's father also gained some great insights from his father who was a rather quiet man, but taught through his examples.
A job at a gas station on Route 66 was also full of lots of humorous incidents and some good life lessons.
- Cow Patty Softball
- Mishap while fishing in frozen pond
- Church organist falling asleep when time to play
- Mishaps at the service station on Route 66
Book Available on Amazon
FOLLOW US ON: