How to successfully attract birds, bees and butterflies to your garden and enjoy them all season long!
Flowers are food!Bees and butterflies and yes even the birds are looking for flowers to feed their appetites. Pollen laden plants are a bee's best friend. Butterflies and bees like nectar laden flowers too. Birds are more attracted to seed heads that will come later in the year. But they will use petals, and leaves to line their nests.
Attracting different kinds of birds.
Picking the flowers and shrubs to enhance your garden!
- Butterfly bush, as the name indicates is a magnet for many different types of butterflies, but they are also a magnet for hummingbirds too!
- Sunflowers, their flat heads are wonderful landing pads for all garden critters.
- Coneflowers will attract bluebirds, bees, and butterflies as well.
- ServiceBerry Bushes will attract cardinals, robins, cedar waxwings and more.
- Phlox is another great plant to attract birds and butterflies.
You might also like to take up photography when you see how beautiful it is to have these creatures in your garden. Mary Beth (another writer on Review This) shows us what it's like to take pictures and how to do it too! You can check out her article right here: Bluebird Facts and Photography
Having a natural flower filled garden will surely bring you and all the visitors to your garden a lot of joy and happiness. The colors and scents, along with all the activity will inspire you to enjoy the beauties of nature.
|Bee with sunflower|
FOLLOW US ON: