Crocheted slipper socks are amazing. I have crocheted many pairs of slipper socks over the years, customizing the colors for friends and family. This year I bought yarn with the intention of again making slipper socks as gifts. Sadly, I have not yet found the time to crochet those gifts. But fortunately, I have found my beloved slippers socks for sale on Etsy and will review the reasons these are a favorite item with people I know.
Crocheted Slipper Socks
Why These Slipper Socks Are Recommended
|Blue Green Slipper Socks|
A few reasons these slippers are socks are recommended and requested by friends:
- they are made with worsted weight acrylic yarn
- made with two strands of yarn - increasing warmth and softness
- I have always tossed mine into the washer and dryer with no problems
- the pattern creates a "heel" that is not bulky, fits well, and keeps the slipper sock in place
- it seems the ridges under the heel would be uncomfortable when in fact, they provide cushioning
- easy to pack in a suitcase for travel
- can be made in solid and variegated yarns
- the "cuff" can remain upright or be folded down - I like to fold mine down. My friends keep theirs up for added coverage
- the fit is reliable - in similar size ranges as socks.
- the pattern can be adjusted to fit a variety of feet
|Slipper Socks at WiseAcreBoutique|
Note: The author may receive a commission from purchases made using links found in this article.