Wouldn't you like an ornament of your pet hanging on your Christmas tree?
|Eldon the Cat Yawning, © B. Radisavljevic|
The process is simple Just follow my links to Zazzle and use my easy directions to customize. I used a former neighbor's cat, Eldon, as my model, since I don't have any pets at this time. Eldon has already crossed the Rainbow Bridge. An ornament is a great way to memorialize him, as you might want to do for a pet who is no longer with you. During the holidays, we miss those who are gone the most. That certainly includes our pets.
|Sarah the Cat Sitting, © B. Radisavljevic|
How to Customize an Ornament for Your Pet Keepsake
Just click the ornament images to get to them on Zazzle.
This is how you can change the ornament for Eldon to one in honor of your pet, as I did to make mine in honor of Sarah.
- On the ornament, you will see the "Customize it!" button. Click it. The photo will change to a design view with some red boundary lines.
- Look to your right under "Customize it!" Scroll past the blue icons.
- Look for Eldon with "Change Image" on his right.
- To put your pet's picture in, just click to change.
- Upload a picture from your computer. The picture you upload should be at least 2" square, 300 pixels resolution, and in png format.
- Use the buttons over where you changed the photo, to increase or decrease the size of the photo in the frame to fit or fill it. you can also use buttons to move the image up and down, left and right. Just play with it. You want to keep the image within the inner red box to keep it from being cropped. Test by clicking the button underneath to change to art view. That shows you how your finished product will look.
- Above where I changed the image, you can change the text to match your pet's name and date, to remove any text, or to change the text to whatever you want to say. While the square is still around your text, you can drag it wherever in the product you want it to be.
- As you scroll down the right side, you can change the background color or the ornament's shape and style. I normally pick my style first and then fiddle with the images and text, either of which you can change from this screen.
Here's how Sarah's ornament turned out. Notice that I dragged the text to a location where it would show better.
Ornament: Black Tuxedo Cat Sitting Square Metal Christmas Ornament
View other Pets Ornaments at Zazzle.com
Now Let's Look at Some Other Ornament Styles
Let's Look at the Ceramic Ornaments You Can Make from Your Pet's Pictures
See how easy it was to get her centered?
Ceramic ornaments have two sides you can fill and you have a lot of design flexibility. Be sure to customize both sides by clicking under the ornament to choose the front or back to work with. I put the date on the back side, leaving the front for just the photo. You can also make both sides identical.
If You'd Like a Pet Keepsake Larger than an Ornament to Display All Year, Make a Decorative Tile or Trivet
FOLLOW US ON: