Moms never get too old to enjoy those Made by Hand and Handcrafted with Love gifts from their children. And, children should never get too old to create those one of a kind presents that have so much meaning to their parents.
For our mom's birthday and for Mother's Day, my brother and I crafted together to create a unique and upcycled present for mom. We found ourselves Recycling Memories of Love and Flowers. My brother pressed and dried a bouquet of flowers. I learned how to Recycle a Rusted Metal Picture Frame and Watch It Shine.
This turned out to be an easy project and mom spent hours deciding where to hang her framed work of childhood art. My brother's pressed flowers turned out really well for his first time. Here's how he did it:
- Place a piece of parchment paper on a hard and flat surface. Select a spot that is cool and shaded.
- Arrange the cut flowers on the parchment paper. Lay the leaves flat and bend flower stems to "pose" the flowers.
- Place another piece of parchment paper over the flowers.
- Cover with a flat board.
- Evenly stack books or bricks on the board. Start with just a few bricks so that the flowers are not crushed.
- Check on the flowers every day. Add more bricks to slowly press the flowers.
Recycled flowers and upcycled picture frames aren't the only ways to impress a mom. Most moms love jewelry, too. Here's some crafting talent that is waiting to help you create something special for your mom.
- Bracelets are always fashionable. Kylyssa takes recycling to a new level with an Upcycled Magazine Charm Bracelet Project.
FOLLOW US ON: