We have several parks in our area, but my favorite is Fort Zumwalt Park. This 48 acre park is both scenic and historic. It has a wonderful 3.5 acre lake and lots of trails and paths to enjoy nature.
Other Activities at the Park
- Picnic Areas
- Pavilion for Group Gatherings
- Large Playground
- 18 Hole Disc Golf Course- this scenic 18 hole course winds it way through the park. The course is free for open play and scorecards are available near the first tee.
- Celebration of Lights- each December the park hosts a annual celebration of lights. This celebration features a drive-through display of seasonal lights. It also has nights set aside for a walking tour and some nights there are carriage rides available.
- Founders Day Celebration-The park hosts this celebration in May with live blue-grass music, hands on activities and heritage demonstrations.
- The Park is the host for The St. Charles Model Railroad Club.
FOLLOW US ON: