We've used this product for years - works every time,
It's a combination of mulch, seed, and fertilizer.
We've lived in our home for the past 26 years. We bought the house new and tackled our own landscaping.
In the early 1990's we put in about 52 small cedar trees around our backyard fence. The trees have since grown to about 25 feet tall.
Cedar trees require a lot of moisture and can slowly eat away your lawn - or so we discovered. We replaced our backyard lawn three times until I found EZ Seed Lawn Repair about ten years ago.
Why Scotts EZ Seed Lawn Repair?
In between our lawn replacements in those early years, we tried the usual - spread topsoil and add lawn seed. Nah, that sucked. It was still sparse in spots and didn't have the tidy finished look I personally prefer.
I also tried another lawn repair product by a popular competitor. Nope, it didn't take nearly as well as Scotts EZ Seed. I used the competitor's seed on one section, and Scotts on the other, and Scotts won the battle hands-down.
Scotts advertises that their seed consists of continuous release lawn food with super-absorbent growing material making it possible to grow grass anywhere. Yep, that's true. This stuff works.
How and Where I Use the EZ Seed Lawn Repair
I buy two large bags every year - our backyard lawn area is smaller - probably 600 square feet if I had to guess.
1. Wearing gloves, I scoop out handfuls and place the seed where it's needed - I don't dump it from the bag - it's pricey stuff - so I place the handfuls of seed exactly where I want it.
2. I put seed along the entire perimeter of our cedar trees - the cedar trees eat away a good chunk of lawn, so I'll fill in the dead areas completely with seed.
3. I'll spread the seed about 1/8 of an inch thick, and evenly.
4. Once the perimeter of the trees is completed, I then fill in the thin areas in the center parts of the lawn.
5. Oh, and I don't do much to prep the lawn - just rake it - and sometimes sprinkle it with some water if it's bone dry dirt.
6. I've also used it in between our neighbor's driveway and ours - the grass just didn't grow well there and like I mentioned above, regular grass seed didn't take. So I used EZ Seed Lawn Repair, and yep, the lawn is now thick and lush. The stuff is amazing.
7. Water it every day! When you put this on your grass (in large sections) - don't cut the grass for four to six weeks. It needs time to grow. You have to water it. When I first put it on the lawn I'll water it by hand with the hose on a light spray setting. Once the lawn starts to grow, I'll use the sprinkler.
Today was the day I spruced up the lawn for spring/summer 2020. The EZ Seed project is all done for another year.
Oh, and yep, we've never had to resod the lawn since we started using Scotts EZ Seed.
Here's my other DIY gardening solution for areas of the yard where grass won't grow at all!
Scotts EZ Seed is Available on Amazon.
FOLLOW US ON: