I imagine that this dessert has an official name in a cookbook or an online cooking or recipe website somewhere. But when I first acquired the recipe from a co-worker who had brought the dessert to work to share, she called it 'yummy, gooey, chocolate, vanilla delicious dessert'. And that's how it has been known in our household ever since! We have made it many times and always enjoy it immensely.
If you are looking for a non-fattening dessert, you won't find it here among the cream cheese, powdered sugar, Cool Whip, butter, puddings and milk. Not to mention the walnuts and Hershey Bar. But for a delicious dessert, it is unparalleled in taste!
Recipe for Delicious Dessert
- 1-1/2 stick of margarine or butter – melt
- 1-1/2 c. chopped walnuts (or pecans)
- 1-1/2 c. flour
Mix & press into bottom of oblong pan. Bake at 350◦ for 20 minutes or until lightly brown.
LET COOL COMPLETELY
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 1 c. Cool Whip (buy 9 oz carton – more goes on top)
Spread on cooled crust.
- 2 packages each of instant vanilla and chocolate pudding.
- Combine and add 4 c. milk (only half what box says).
- Stir until firm and spread over filling #1
- Spread remaining Cool Whip.
- Shave Hershey bar over the top.
The most interesting part of this dessert (which makes a WHOLE lot, filling the 12 x 10 x 2 inch pan I use as seen in these photos) is that it KEEPS really well and tastes even better the longer it is kept chilled in the refrigerator. Of course you could make a smaller batch, but we most often make it for a larger gathering or a party occasion. And this yummy dessert seldom lasts long enough to store more than one or two days around us!
(c) Wednesday Elf 1/5/2019
#All images are personal photos by (c) Wednesday Elf
FOLLOW US ON: