On this page I will share with you my photographs of the flag and other images that remind me of our freedom as Americans.
The Flag is a Symbol of Patriotism
- The American Flag, as it is called today was first called the "Stars and Stripes" when it was approved in 1777.
- The original flag had 13 stripes and 13 stars. One for each of the 13 colonies.
- Today's flag still carries the 13 stripes for the original colonies but it now has 50 stars. One for each state in the union.
- There are several myths about the designer of the American flag. The journals of the Continental congress show that the designer was Francis Hopkinson, a Congressman and patriot.
- Today the original flag can be found at the Smithsonian Institute in Washington D. C.
The Flag Used as a 9/11 Remembrance
I visited the display with a few friends and was moved by the solemn beauty of the flags flying in remembrance of those who lost their lives.
Flags Flying in Public Places
|Tawas Point LighthouseT|
O'Fallon, Missouri Veterans Memorial
Monuments are Symbols of Patriotism
Enjoy Patriotic Gifts from my Photographs
Flags at Art Hill-9-11 Coffee Mug by mbgphoto
Design your own personal coffee mugs online at Zazzle.
FOLLOW US ON: